1. Postemergency response is the stage of the emergency response where the immediate threat from the release has been stabilized or eliminated, and cleanup of the site has started.
2. When cleanup is done by the employees who were part of the initial emergency response, the employees are not covered by this section (however, training, PPE and other requirements in WAC 296-824-20005
apply to these employees).
(1) You must follow Table 10 to determine which requirements apply to your postemergency response activities.
(2) You must maintain clean-up equipment as specified in Table 10.
Rules that Apply to Postemergency Response Activities
When response cleanup is performed by employees who were not part of the initial emergency response and:
The following rules or requirements apply:
It is necessary to remove hazardous substances, health hazards and contaminated materials (example: Soil) from the site
WAC, Hazardous waste operations.
Cleanup is done on plant property using plant or workplace employees
It is not necessary to remove hazardous substances, health hazards and contaminated materials from the site.
• WAC 296-24-567
(1), Employee emergency action plans
• Other appropriate training requirements relevant to personal protective equipment (PPE) and decontamination
• Make sure that all equipment used for clean-up work is serviced and inspected before use.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 17-18-075, § 296-824-70005, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
and 29 C.F.R. 1910 Subpart Z. WSR 14-07-086, § 296-824-70005, filed 3/18/14, effective 5/1/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
. WSR 07-03-163, § 296-824-70005, filed 1/24/07, effective 4/1/07; WSR 05-03-093, § 296-824-70005, filed 1/18/05, effective 3/1/05; WSR 02-20-034, § 296-824-70005, filed 9/24/02, effective 10/1/02.]