(1) You must handle and store liquid fuels, such as gasoline and diesel fuel, according to the National Fire Protection Association Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code (NFPA No. 30-1996).
National Fire Protection Association codes are available by:
Purchasing copies by writing:
National Fire Protection Association
1 Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02169-7471
Contacting the NFPA website at www.nfpa.org.
(2) You must stop the engine before filling a fuel tank.
(3) You must avoid spilling fuel during servicing.
(4) You must make sure you do not use open flames to check the gasoline level in fuel tanks.
(5) You must do the following before restarting the engine after fueling:
(a) Put on the fuel tank cap;
(b) Make sure spilled oil or fuel is completely washed away or evaporated.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 17-18-075, § 296-863-30025, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17; WSR 04-19-051, § 296-863-30025, filed 9/14/04, effective 2/1/05.]