(1) You must make sure battery charging areas are designated and provided with all of the following:
(a) Means to flush and neutralize spilled electrolyte;
(b) Fire protection;
(c) Ventilation that is adequate to disperse vapors from gassing batteries.
(2) You must prohibit smoking in battery charging areas.
(3) You must take precautions to prevent open flames, sparks, or electric arcs in battery charging areas.
(4) You must protect battery charging equipment from being damaged by PITs.
(5) You must provide at least one of the following to handle batteries:
(b) Overhead hoist;
(c) Other equivalent material handling equipment.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 20-03-154, § 296-863-30035, filed 1/21/20, effective 2/21/20; WSR 17-18-075, § 296-863-30035, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17; WSR 04-19-051, § 296-863-30035, filed 9/14/04, effective 2/1/05.]