(1) You must make sure PITs are properly positioned with the brake on before charging or changing batteries.
(2) You must make sure you do not use open flames to check the electrolyte level in storage batteries.
(3) You must do the following when charging batteries:
(a) Make sure vent caps are functioning;
(b) Open the battery or compartment covers to dissipate heat;
(c) Pour acid into water, never pour water into acid.
(4) You must provide a carboy tilter or siphon to handle electrolyte.
(5) You must keep tools and other metallic objects away from the top of uncovered batteries.
(6) You must make sure reinstalled batteries are properly positioned and secured.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 17-18-075, § 296-863-30040, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17; WSR 04-19-051, § 296-863-30040, filed 9/14/04, effective 2/1/05.]