(1) You must make sure operators use restraint devices, such as seatbelts or lap-bars, when they are provided on the PIT.
(2) You must make sure you do not allow people:
(a) Under the elevated part of any PIT, whether it is loaded or empty;
(b) To put any part of their body between the uprights of the mast; or
(c) Outside the running lines of the PIT.
(3) You must make sure you do not allow unauthorized people to ride on PITS.
(4) You must make sure people riding on PITs have a safe place to ride.
(5) You must make sure you do not allow stunt driving or horseplay.
(6) You must make sure PITs are not driven up to anyone in front of a bench or other fixed object.
(7) You must make sure access to fire aisles, stairways, and fire equipment is kept clear.
(8) You must make sure there is sufficient headroom under overhead installations such as lights, pipes, and sprinkler systems to safely operate PITs.
PIT operations may cause the airborne concentration levels of carbon monoxide gas to increase. You have to keep the concentration levels below the levels specified in chapter 296-841
WAC, Respiratory hazards.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 17-18-075, § 296-863-40005, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17; WSR 04-19-051, § 296-863-40005, filed 9/14/04, effective 2/1/05.]