(1) You must make sure loads are stable, safe and within the rated load capacity of the PIT.
(2) You must do both of the following when picking up a load:
(a) Place the load engaging means under the load as far as possible;
(b) Tilt the mast carefully backwards to stabilize the load.
(3) You must make sure not to tilt the load engaging means forward when it is elevated unless:
(a) Picking up a load; or
(b) Depositing a load on a rack or stack.
(4) You must do both of the following when traveling with a load:
(a) Keep the load trailing if it obstructs the operator's forward view;
(b) Travel with the load upslope when climbing or descending slopes of more than ten percent.
(5) You must do both of the following when climbing a slope:
(a) Tilt the load and load engagement means backwards if necessary to stabilize the load; and
(b) Raise the load and load engagement means only as far as necessary to clear the surface.
(6) You must make sure PITS with attachments are operated as partially loaded trucks, even if they are not carrying a load.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 17-18-075, § 296-863-40015, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17; WSR 04-19-051, § 296-863-40015, filed 9/14/04, effective 2/1/05.]