Develop a site-specific service and emergency recovery plan for window-cleaning operations.
(1) You must make sure that a qualified person develops a written plan for each location to be cleaned that identifies:
(a) Hazardous areas;
(b) Drop zones;
(c) Safety features;
(d) Methods for emergency recovery of workers working from suspended equipment, or other types of installations, in the event of equipment failure or any other kind of disability.
(2) You must keep the plan at the work site during the entire cleaning operation.
You may use an outside service for rescue and recovery (such as a fire department) if:
1. The rescue personnel will be able to reach the victims without undue delay;
2. They have the necessary equipment to retrieve the victims;
3. They are trained and proficient in high angle rescue techniques.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and chapter 49.17
RCW. WSR 14-09-095, § 296-878-14005, filed 4/22/14, effective 7/1/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 02-22-027, § 296-878-14005, filed 10/28/02, effective 1/1/03.]