Move safely on the outside of buildings.
You must make sure you travel on the outside of the building only when:
(1) You keep at least one window-cleaner's belt terminal attached at all times;
(2) The anchors are not more than forty-eight inches apart.
Anchors can be up to seventy-two inches apart if:
1. The sill or ledge is continuous;
2. The sill or ledge is at least twelve inches wide;
3. The sill or ledge has a slope less than five degrees;
4. There is at least six inches of window sill in front of the mullions.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and chapter 49.17
RCW. WSR 14-09-095, § 296-878-18020, filed 4/22/14, effective 7/1/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 02-22-027, § 296-878-18020, filed 10/28/02, effective 1/1/03.]