(1) A maximum ten percent of the total curriculum hours required may be earned by a student in a licensed salon/shop under a contract approved by the department signed by the student, the school owner, and the salon/shop manager.
(2) A copy of the signed contract shall be kept in the student file, kept on file at the salon shop and given to the student and shall be made available to the department on request.
(3) Only those hours of instruction a student is given under the direction of an operator licensed in the curriculum in which the student is enrolled in the contracted licensed salon/shop, and in the subjects agreed to in the contract shall be credited towards completion of the course of study required in RCW 18.16.100
(4) Students will not receive any wages or commission for hours of credit earned in a salon/shop.
(5) Salon/shops shall provide weekly reports to the school and student with hours the student earned in each area of agreed training.
(6) Weekly reports provided by salon/shops verifying hours student earns in salon training must be included in student's records and recorded on student's monthly and final reports.
(7) Licensed operators must be physically present where students are training.
(8) Students in training must wear identification visible to the public that states that they are students in training.
(9) Certified training hours expire three years after the last day of attendance. Any hours earned by a student that are more than three years old are considered by the department to be expired and will not be considered valid towards initial licensure.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
. WSR 17-19-049, § 308-20-091, filed 9/12/17, effective 10/13/17; WSR 13-24-042, § 308-20-091, filed 11/26/13, effective 1/1/14; WSR 03-14-046, § 308-20-091, filed 6/24/03, effective 7/25/03.]