(1) A minimum of one trainer per apprentice is required.
(2) Only those hours of theory instruction given under the direction of an instructor licensed under chapter 18.16
RCW shall be credited towards completion of the apprentice curriculum requirements for theory hours. Cosmetologist, hair design, barber, manicurist, esthetician and master esthetician theory hours must be taught in a classroom setting under the supervision of an instructor licensed in the curriculum for which he or she is providing theory instruction.
(3) With the exception of theory hours, only those hours of instruction an apprentice is given under the direction of an apprentice trainer as defined in WAC 308-20-010
and in the standards developed by the apprenticeship program shall be credited toward completion of the apprenticeship training.
(4) When all of the apprenticeship program requirements have been met by the apprentice and within thirty days of an apprentice's completed training, the committee shall provide to the apprentice a copy of the apprentice's final report.
(5) An apprentice may transfer between shops only when the Washington state apprenticeship council or the Washington state department of labor and industries approves the transfer.
(6) Apprentice trainers and instructors must be physically present where apprentices are receiving practical training.
(7) Certified training hours expire three years from last date of attendance. Any hours earned by an apprentice that are more than three years old are considered by the department to be expired and will not be considered valid towards initial licensure.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
. WSR 17-19-049, § 308-20-101, filed 9/12/17, effective 10/13/17; WSR 13-24-042, § 308-20-101, filed 11/26/13, effective 1/1/14; WSR 08-22-029, § 308-20-101, filed 10/28/08, effective 2/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
. WSR 05-17-020, § 308-20-101, filed 8/4/05, effective 9/4/05; WSR 04-05-005, § 308-20-101, filed 2/6/04, effective 3/8/04.]