(1) An applicant who has received a failing score on the written or practical examination shall be eligible to appeal to the department for a review of the examination results. The department shall only consider appeals regarding significant procedural errors or adverse environmental conditions during the test administration.
(2) The appeal shall be filed with the department within fifteen days after the date of notification of examination results. The appeal shall be made in writing, and shall state the reason for appeal.
(3) The review of the appeal shall be conducted by one or more department staff, or the department's designee, to determine if there is clear and convincing evidence to sustain the applicant's appeal. The director or director's designee shall make the final determination on the appeal.
(4) Within thirty days after the department has made a determination on the appeal, the applicant shall be notified in writing of the results.
(5) In acting on appeals, the department may take such action as it deems appropriate.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.16.030
. WSR 05-04-012, § 308-20-123, filed 1/24/05, effective 2/24/05.]