(1) The department may reinstate a chauffeur when a limousine carrier contacts the department to request reinstatement.
(2) A disqualification under WAC 308-83-150
(7) remains in effect until the person undergoes a drug and alcohol assessment by a substance abuse professional meeting the requirements of 49 C.F.R. 40, and the person presents evidence of satisfactory participation in or successful completion of a drug or alcohol treatment or education program as recommended by the substance abuse professional, and until the person has met the requirements of RCW 46.72A.090
. The substance abuse professional must forward a diagnostic evaluation and treatment recommendation to the department for use in determining the person's eligibility for driving a limousine.
(3) When a chauffeur has been disqualified from operating a limousine based on a medical report under WAC 308-83-150
(6), the person is not entitled to operate a limousine until the limousine carrier has received a medical examiner's certificate completed within the previous ninety calendar days by an examiner meeting the U.S. Department of Transportation standards under 49 C.F.R. 391.41-391.49. If at any time the chauffeur's physical fitness has been called into question, the department may require the person to undergo an additional physical medical examination.
(4) All costs associated with compliance with orders issued under this section are the responsibility of the chauffeur.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 46.72A
RCW, RCW 43.24.086
and 2011 c 374. WSR 12-02-035, § 308-83-151, filed 12/29/11, effective 2/1/12.]