When may a vehicle be licensed as a private carrier bus?
A vehicle may be licensed as a private carrier bus as described in RCW 46.04.416
without a license based on gross weight if it carries passengers without compensation and is:
(1) Used by a hotel, resort or lodge to transport guests;
(2) Used by a parking service to transport parking customers to and from a transportation terminal or other destination;
(3) Used by its owner to transport an athletic team, an educational group, members of a religious organization, a show troupe or similar organization;
(4) Used by its owner to transport family, guests or employees;
(5) Used as a school bus by a private school not accredited by the superintendent of public instruction.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110
. WSR 02-11-096, § 308-96A-110, filed 5/20/02, effective 6/20/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.16.276
. WSR 99-06-029, § 308-96A-110, filed 2/24/99, effective 3/27/99; Order MV-328, § 308-96A-110, filed 7/24/75.]