(1) When would I need to change my vehicle registration from a farm use class to a nonfarm use class?
You need to change your vehicle registration from a farm to nonfarm use class when the vehicle is no longer being used solely for farm purposes as defined in RCW 46.16.090
(2) What would the gross weight expiration date be when I change my vehicle registration from a farm use class to a nonfarm use class? The expiration date of the gross weight license would remain the same as the current gross weight license.
(3) What will be the start date of the gross weight license with the nonfarm use class?
The new gross weight license start date is the first day of the current registration month, as described in WAC 308-96A-201
(2)(b), or any subsequent registration month of the current gross weight license period.
(4) How many months gross weight must I purchase when I change my vehicle registration from farm to nonfarm?
You must purchase at least as many months as are remaining on the current gross weight license. Credit will be given as provided in subsection (5) of this section. You will also be charged for the permit fees as defined in RCW 46.16.135
, and additional gross weight fees in addition to all other fees required to license the vehicle.
(5) Will I receive credit for gross weight fees that I have already paid?
You will receive dollar value credit for the number of months remaining on the current gross weight license. The credit will be given at the rate of the declared gross weight; however, you must surrender the current gross weight license in order to receive credit. If the gross weight license is lost, stolen or destroyed, you must sign an affidavit of loss and a statement that the gross weight license has not been transferred to another vehicle. You will not receive credit for the monthly gross weight permit fees as defined in RCW 46.16.135
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110
. WSR 02-10-013, § 308-96A-207, filed 4/22/02, effective 5/23/02; WSR 99-01-133, § 308-96A-207, filed 12/21/98, effective 1/21/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.17.060
. WSR 92-02-100, § 308-96A-207, filed 1/2/92, effective 2/2/92.]