(1) An older insured driver is eligible for insurance premium reduction upon completion of a senior driver accident prevention course, as provided by RCW 48.19.460
(2) This premium reduction is allowed for courses given in a classroom setting and courses given by an alternative delivery method, including but not limited to, internet, video, or other technology based methods.
(3) Courses provided by an alternative method of delivery must be approved by the department of licensing.
(4) Providers of senior driver accident prevention courses given by an alternative delivery method will include a process to determine that participants seeking certification for the course have completed the course. The process could include, but is not limited to:
(a) Timers that limit how fast the course can be viewed;
(b) Quizzes to determine if the participant understands the course content; or
(c) Asking the participant to provide information at the beginning of the course, and then asking questions during the course to verify that information. The information requested will not be of a nature that would compromise the participant's identity or security. These questions will be used to ensure that the participant who is taking the course is actually the person receiving the course material.
(5) Providers of senior driver accident prevention courses given by an alternative delivery method will maintain records of participants who complete the course and are issued certificates. These records will be made available to the department of licensing upon written request.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110
. WSR 08-20-024, § 308-106-050, filed 9/19/08, effective 10/20/08.]