Terms used in these filing office rules but not defined below shall have the same meanings as those terms in chapter 62A.9A RCW.
(1) "Active record" means a UCC record that has been stored in the UCC information management system and indexed in, but not yet removed from, the searchable indexes.
(2) "Address" means information provided as an address on a UCC record as long as it includes at least a city and a state or foreign country.
(3) "Amendment" means a UCC record that amends the information contained in a financing statement. Amendments include assignments, continuations and terminations.
(4) "Assignment" is an amendment that assigns all or a part of a secured party's power to authorize an amendment to a financing statement.
(5) "Correction statement" means a UCC record that indicates a financing statement is inaccurate or wrongfully filed.
(6) "Filing office" and "filing officer" mean the director of the department of licensing or designee.
(7) "Filing officer statement" means a statement entered into the filing office's information system to correct an error made by the filing office.
(8) "Initial financing statement" means a UCC record that causes the filing office to establish the initial record of filing of a financing statement.
(9) "Remitter" means a person who submits a UCC record and payment to the filing office for filing, whether the person is a filer or an agent of a filer responsible for submitting the record for filing. "Remitter" does not include a person responsible merely for the delivery of the record to the filing office, such as the postal service or a courier service but does include a service provider who acts as a filer's representative in the filing process.
(10) "Searchable indexes" means the searchable index of individual debtor names and the searchable index of organization debtor names maintained in the UCC information management system.
(11) "Secured party of record" includes a secured party of record as defined in the UCC as well as the person who has been a secured party of record and an amendment has been filed to delete that person as a secured party of record.
(12) "UCC" means the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted in this state under chapter 62A.9A RCW.
(13) "UCC information management system" means the information management system used by the filing office to store, index, and retrieve information relating to financing statements and liens as described in these filing office rules.
(14) "UCC record" means an initial financing statement, an amendment, an assignment, a continuation statement, a termination statement, a filing officer statement, or a correction statement, and includes a record maintained by the filing office. The term does not refer exclusively to paper or paper-based writings.
(15) "Unlapsed record" means a UCC record that has been stored and indexed in the UCC information management system, which has not yet lapsed under RCW 62A.9A-515
with respect to all secured parties of record.