Filing fees and search fees may be paid by the following methods:
(1) Cash. Payment in cash is accepted if paid in person at the filing office.
(2) Checks. Personal checks, cashier's checks, and money orders made payable to the filing office are accepted for payment provided that the drawer (or the issuer in the case of a cashier's check or money order) is deemed creditworthy by the filing office in its discretion. Checks may be made payable in an amount to be filled in by the filing office if the filing office is clearly authorized to fill in the amount.
(3) Electronic funds transfer. The filing office may accept payment via electronic funds transfer under National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) rules from remitters who have entered into appropriate NACHA-approved arrangements for electronic transfers with the UCC filing office and who authorize the relevant transfer under those arrangements and rules.
(4) Credit cards. The filing office accepts payment by credit cards issued by approved issuers. Remitters must provide the card number, the expiration date of the card, the name of the card issuer, the name of the person or entity to whom the card was issued, the billing address for the card, and any other information required by the filing office to complete the transaction. Payment will not be deemed tendered until the issuer or its agent has authorized payment. This method of payment is accepted for online services and in person at the public service counter.
(5) The filing office accepts payment for bulk data by check or electronic funds transfer, except weekly updates which must be paid by electronic funds transfer.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 62A.9A-526
. WSR 10-09-073, § 308-391-106, filed 4/19/10, effective 5/20/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 62A.9A-526
, chapters 60.68
, 60.13, and 9A.82
RCW. WSR 09-12-067, § 308-391-106, filed 5/29/09, effective 6/29/09.]