(1) To certify one of its trainers, a provider must complete a form provided by and returned to the board.
(2) A provider will contract only with a trainer who:
(a) Has a minimum of two years of post-secondary education in, or equivalent years of work experience in, one or more of the following fields:
(iv) Law enforcement;
(v) Substance abuse rehabilitation; or
(vi) Sale and service of alcoholic beverages;
(b) Holds a class 12 permit;
(c) Meets the criminal history requirements (see WAC 314-17-070
(d) Meets the continuing education requirements (see WAC 314-17-050
(3) The board may consider any information pertaining to a trainer's certification in any state, including any certification suspensions or revocations in the past five years. The board, at its discretion and in consideration of public safety, may also consider criminal history (see WAC 314-17-070
), administrative violations, patterns of misconduct, and other applicable occurrences or circumstances when deciding to approve, deny, suspend or revoke a trainer's certification.
(4) The board will respond to a request for trainer certification within thirty calendar days of receipt of a request, and then will either certify an applicant trainer or explain why an applicant trainer fails to meet the qualifications.
(5) A trainer may not begin to teach a training course until a trainer receives his or her certification from the board.
(6) A trainer must teach a provider's training program in its entirety as approved, and may not change the method of presentation or course content without approval from a provider and the board.
(7) It is the responsibility of a provider to keep the board informed of its current trainers. In this effort, a provider must notify the board within seventy-two hours of the termination of a trainer or within seventy-two hours of when a provider is notified that a trainer has terminated his or her employment.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030
. WSR 10-12-124, § 314-17-065, filed 6/2/10, effective 7/3/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030
. WSR 04-18-038, § 314-17-065, filed 8/25/04, effective 9/25/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030
. WSR 01-03-085, § 314-17-065, filed 1/17/01, effective 2/17/01.]