(1) A prehearing meeting is an informal meeting with a DSHS representative that may be held before any prehearing conference or hearing.
(2) A DSHS representative may contact you before the scheduled hearing to arrange a prehearing meeting. You may also contact DSHS to request a prehearing meeting.
(3) A prehearing meeting is voluntary. You are not required to request one and you are not required to participate in one.
(4) The prehearing meeting includes you and/or your representative, the DSHS representative, and any other party. An ALJ does not attend a prehearing meeting.
(5) The prehearing meeting gives the parties an opportunity to:
(a) Clarify issues;
(b) Exchange documents and witness statements;
(c) Resolve issues through agreement or withdrawal; and
(d) Ask questions about the hearing process and the laws and rules that apply.
(6) A prehearing meeting may be held or information exchanged:
(a) In person;
(b) By telephone conference call;
(c) Through correspondence; or
(d) Any combination of the above that is agreeable to the parties.
(7) If a prehearing conference is required by the program or rule, a prehearing meeting may not be an option available to you.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.020
. WSR 00-18-059, § 388-02-0175, filed 9/1/00, effective 10/2/00.]