(1) Any department staff member serving in a bilingual capacity must pass a bilingual skills examination.
(2) Any candidate seeking employment with the department in a position that requires bilingual skills must pass a bilingual skills examination.
(3) Any employee of a non-DSHS county agency/program that contracts with the department to provide services to the department's limited English proficient (LEP) clients (also known as licensed agency personnel) must pass a bilingual skills examination.
(4) Any candidate wishing to provide language services to the department's LEP clients as a contracted interpreter or translator must meet the training requirements and pass a bilingual skills examination.
(5) Interpreters can be certified or authorized by the department as:
(a) Social services interpreters; and/or
(b) Medical interpreters.
(6) Translators can be certified by the department in any of the certified languages.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.025
, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and 45 C.F.R. Section 80.3 (b)(2). WSR 15-07-008, § 388-03-110, filed 3/6/15, effective 4/6/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 2.43.010
, and 74.08.090
. WSR 00-06-014, § 388-03-110, filed 2/22/00, effective 3/24/00.]