(1) Any household certified to receive food assistance will lose eligibility upon receipt of a substantial lottery or gambling win by any household member.
(2) A substantial lottery or gambling win is a cash prize that is:
(a) Equal to or over the elderly or disabled resource limit for food assistance, before taxes or other withholdings, under WAC 388-470-0005
(b) Won in a single game as result of a single hand, bet, or ticket.
(3) If multiple individuals shared in the purchase of the ticket, hand, or similar bet, then we count only the portion of the winnings allocated to members of your household.
(4) You must report a substantial lottery or gambling win for food assistance as required under chapter 388-418
(5) The loss of eligibility in subsection (1) of this section begins the first of the month following our termination letter under WAC 388-458-0030
(6) If your AU lost eligibility due to a substantial win, your AU:
(a) Will not be CE under WAC 388-414-0001
when reapplying for food assistance; and
(b) Is not eligible for transitional food assistance (TFA) under WAC 388-489-0025
(7) An AU that loses eligibility for food assistance due to a substantial win will remain ineligible until meeting the following criteria as part of a new food assistance application eligibility determination:
(b) Maximum gross monthly income under WAC 388-478-0060