An electronic system to file declarations of candidacy shall be an online system accessible to candidates on the world wide web that is capable of:
(1) Recording each candidate's name, date of birth, voter registration address, mailing address, phone number, email address, and political party preference for partisan offices, and the office and position number for which each candidate is filing;
(2) Verifying the candidate's voter registration status, and that the voter registration address is within the jurisdiction of the office for which the candidate is filing;
(3) Accepting electronic transfer of funds for the payment of filing fees;
(4) Informing, and requiring each candidate to acknowledge, that submission of the form constitutes agreement that the information provided with the filing is true, that he or she will support the Constitution and laws of the United States and the state of Washington, and that he or she agrees to electronic payment of any filing fees; and
(5) Allowing the filing officer to verify each filing before it is made public.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611
. WSR 10-03-072, § 434-215-070, filed 1/18/10, effective 2/18/10; WSR 05-17-145, § 434-215-070, filed 8/19/05, effective 9/19/05. Statutory Authority: 2002 c 140 § 3. WSR 02-15-156, § 434-215-070, filed 7/23/02, effective 8/23/02.]