(1) Riding single file on the usable shoulder is encouraged.
(2) Care and caution as well as compliance with rules of the road and traffic control devices - signs, signals and markings shall be exercised by bicycle operators when traveling upon state highways.
(3) No person operating a bicycle shall stop on a bridge or other structure, except on a sidewalk or other area not less than three feet wide separated from the traveled roadway by a painted stripe or a physical barrier.
(4) When traveling in a large group, caravan or expedition, the size of travel units shall be limited to a maximum of six bicyclists per unit.
(5) The maximum number of units in a group, caravan or expedition shall not exceed twenty-five.
(6) Travel units of bicyclists shall maintain a minimum spacing between travel units of 500 feet to provide passing opportunities for motor vehicle operators.
[Statutory Authority: 1977 ex.s. c 151. WSR 79-01-033 (DOT Order 10 and Comm. Order 1, Resolution No. 13), § 468-58-060, filed 12/20/78. Formerly WAC 252-20-060.]