The standard prequalification questionnaire and financial statement shall be transmitted to the director of Washington state ferries. The contractor shall provide the following information:
(1) The name, address, phone number, contractor registration number and type of organization (corporation, copartnership, individual, etc.) of the contractor seeking prequalification.
(2) The contract size in dollars and the class or classes of work for which the contractor seeks prequalification (such as vessel dry-docking and hull repairs, vessel electrical repairs, etc.) as enumerated in WAC 468-310-050
(3) Ownership of the contractor and if a corporation, the name of the parent corporation (if any) and any affiliated companies or subsidiaries.
(4) An accurate and complete record of the fifteen largest contracts in excess of ten thousand dollars performed by the contractor in whole or in part within the preceding three years both in Washington and elsewhere, including subcontracts, giving the contract amount, the date completed, the class of work, the name, address and phone number of the owner/agency representative, and any liquidated damages assessed against the contractor by an owner arising out of the performance of the contract.
(5) The principal officers and key employees showing the number of years each engaged in the class or classes of work for which the contractor seeks prequalification. The department may require resumes of such personnel as deemed proper for making its determination.
(6) Except as otherwise provided in this section or WAC 468-310-050
(8), a contractor requesting prequalification certification to perform work in excess of ten million dollars shall submit copies of its audited annual statements for the previous three years as audited by an independent certified public accountant which shall include comparative balance sheets and income statements, a statement of retained earnings, supporting schedules and notes attached thereto, and the opinion of the independent auditor. The financial statement shall not be more than twelve months old when submitted. Any wholly owned subsidiary corporation may file the latest consolidated financial statement of its parent corporation in lieu of a financial statement prepared solely for such subsidiary providing the financial statement otherwise meets the requirements of the preceding two sentences. If a consolidated financial statement is filed on behalf of a subsidiary corporation, a bid of the subsidiary corporation will be considered only if there is on file with the department a letter from the parent corporation guaranteeing performance by the subsidiary corporation of its contract with the department of transportation in an amount at least equal to the amount of the bid. A letter of guarantee by a parent corporation may cover a specific contract bid by its subsidiary or all contracts bid by its subsidiary within a stated period of time.
(7) A list of all major items of equipment to be used in those classes of work for which prequalification certification is requested including the original cost, age, location and condition of such equipment. The schedule shall show whether the equipment is owned, leased or rented. All major items of useful equipment should be listed even though fully depreciated but no obsolete or useless equipment should be included. In the event the contractor seeks prequalification certification to perform work on ferry vessels, the schedule shall also describe plant facilities of the contractor including shipyards, dry docks, repair facilities and other plant facilities.
(8) Such other information as may be required by the prequalification questionnaire.
(9) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, a contractor who wishes to prequalify for the department's procurement of new auto ferries for the Port Townsend/Keystone ferry route, pursuant to the department's 2008 invitation for bids, shall submit a reviewed financial statement for at least one year in the previous three years, plus annual financial statements for two additional years in the previous three years. The reviewed financial statement shall be prepared by an independent certified public accountant which shall include comparative balance sheets and income statements, a statement of retained earnings, supporting schedules and notes attached thereto, and the opinion of the independent auditor. The form and quantity of financial statements shall be specified in the department's invitation for bids and is subject to modification by addendum during the bid process. This subsection applies in lieu of the form and quantity of audited financial statements specified in subsection (6) of this section for the Port Townsend/Keystone vessel procurement only. It does not replace or modify any other provisions in this chapter or governing prequalification statutes that authorize the department to evaluate a contractor's financial ability to perform the contract.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 47.56.780
, and 47.60.690
. WSR 08-19-004, § 468-310-020, filed 9/4/08, effective 10/5/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 47.60.816
. WSR 04-11-004, § 468-310-020, filed 5/5/04, effective 6/5/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 47.60.680
. WSR 99-03-025 (Order 189), § 468-310-020, filed 1/11/99, effective 2/11/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 47.60.680
. WSR 88-19-040 (Order 114), § 468-310-020, filed 9/14/88. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 133. WSR 83-19-014 (Order 84), § 468-310-020, filed 9/12/83.]