The director of safety and security or designee is authorized to impose the following fines and penalties for violation of the regulations:
(1) A schedule of fines shall be set by the board of trustees. The schedule shall be published by the college on its website and included on the traffic parking citation form.
(2) Fines will be assessed in accordance with the schedules established by the board of trustees for the following violations:
(a) No valid parking permit displayed;
(b) Occupying more than one parking space;
(c) Occupying space or area not designated for parking;
(d) Parking in an area not authorized by the parking permit;
(e) Parking in reserved staff space without authorization;
(f) Disabled parking violation;
(g) Blocking or obstructing traffic (may be towed if creating a safety hazard);
(h) Parking adjacent to a fire hydrant (may be towed if creating a safety hazard);
(i) Parking in fire lane (may be towed if creating a safety hazard);
(j) Parking in a zone or area marked "no parking" may be towed if creating a safety hazard;
(k) Speeding; or
(l) Reckless or negligent driving whereby the first offense may result in parking privileges being revoked on all campuses.
(3) At the discretion of the director of safety and security or designee an accumulation of citations by an employee may be turned over to a private collection agency to collect past due fines. Other appropriate collection procedures may be initiated as deemed necessary.
(4) Vehicles parking in a manner so as to obstruct traffic, including access to and from parking spaces and areas may be subject to a fine and may be impounded. The expenses of such impounding and storage shall be the responsibility of the registered owner or driver of the vehicle.
(5) Vehicles impounded by means of an immobilizing device shall be charged a service fee according to the current fee schedule.
(6) The college shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind resulting from impounding and storage of vehicles.
(7) Vehicles involved in violations of these regulations may be impounded as provided for in these regulations.
(8) Persons may appeal the issuance of a citation.
(9) In the event a student fails or refuses to pay an uncontested fine which has been outstanding in excess of five days, the vice president of finance and administrative services or designee may initiate the following actions:
(a) Student may not be able to obtain a transcript of credits until all fines are paid; and
(b) Student may not receive a degree, diploma, or certificate of completion until all fines are paid.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 28B.10
RCW. WSR 20-05-011, § 495A-141-165, filed 2/6/20, effective 3/8/20. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(10). WSR 99-24-072, § 495A-141-165, filed 11/29/99, effective 12/30/99; WSR 97-12-038, § 495A-141-165, filed 5/30/97, effective 6/30/97.]