WSR 97-10-056


[Filed May 1, 1997, 4:00 p.m.]

notice of request for

attorney general's opinion

washington attorney general

The Washington Attorney General issues formal published opinions in response to requests by the heads of state agencies, state legislators, and county prosecuting attorneys. When it appears that individuals outside the Attorney General's Office have information or expertise that will assist in the preparation of a particular opinion, a summary of that opinion request will be published in the state register. If you are interested in commenting on a request listed in this volume of the register, you should notify the Attorney General's Office of your interest by May 28, 1997. This is not the due date by which comments must be received. However, if you do not notify the Attorney General's Office of your interest in commenting on an opinion request by May 28, 1997, the opinion may be issued before your comments have been received. You may notify the Attorney General's Office of your intention to comment by calling (360) 753-4114, or by writing to the Solicitor General, Office of the Attorney General, P.O. Box 40100, Olympia, WA 98504-0100. When you notify the office of your intention to comment, you will be provided with a copy of the opinion request in which you are interested; information about the Attorney General's Opinion process; information on how to submit your comments; and a due date by which your comments must be received to ensure that they are fully considered.

The Attorney General's Office seeks public input on the following opinion request(s).

97-04-05 Request by Brian Sonntag

State Auditor

1. Does the requirement in RCW 43.09.210 that a government entity receive full value for property transferred to another government entity apply when surplus property is being disposed of pursuant to RCW 39.33.010?

2. Does the public hearing requirement contained in RCW 39.33.020 for disposal of surplus property with a value in excess of $50,000 apply only to intergovernmental transfers or to transfers to any party, public or private?

97-04-06 Request by Steve E. Kolodney

Director, Department of Information Services

Questions related to the participation by private nonprofit baccalaureate institutions and other private education entities on the K-20 educational telecommunications network. Specifically, does the state constitution allow the Telecommunications Oversight and Policy Committee to provide connections to these entities, and if so, under what terms and conditions?

Legislature Code Reviser


Washington State Code Reviser's Office