DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING
[Filed June 12, 1997, 8:48 a.m.]
Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 97-09-082.
Title of Rule: WAC 308-125-120 Fees and charges.
Purpose: To increase charges for examinations and reexaminations.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 43.24.086.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 18.140.050.
Summary: Increase WAC 308-125-120 (2) and (3) to $100.00 each.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The charge for taking a real estate appraiser examination is established by contract between the Department of Licensing and an independent testing service. The examination fee is paid by an applicant directly to the testing service. The proposed rate charge reflects provisions in the new contract.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Cleotis Borner, Jr., Olympia, (360) 753-1062.
Name of Proponent: Department of Licensing, Real Estate Appraiser Program, governmental.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Explanation of Rule, its Purpose, and Anticipated Effects: WAC 308-125-120 (2) and (3) will be increased to $100.00 each to reflect provisions of a new contract for testing between the department and an independent testing service. The charge is paid directly to the testing service with no funds returning to the department.
Proposal Changes the Following Existing Rules: Conforms examination fees to the current contract amount.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. This proposed change only informs applicants of the increase in testing fees charged by the outside testing service.
Section 201, chapter 403, Laws of 1995, does not apply to this rule adoption. RCW 34.05.328 does not apply to rules that set or adjust fees or rates. See RCW 34.05.328 (1)(b)(vi).
Hearing Location: Department of Licensing, 405 Black Lake Boulevard, Building #2, Conference Room, Olympia, WA, on Tuesday, July 22, 1997, at 9:00 a.m.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Ralph Birkedahl by July 14, 1997, TDD (360) 753-1966, or (360) 753-1062.
Submit Written Comments to: Cleotis Borner, Jr., Real Estate Appraiser Program, P.O. Box 9015, Olympia, WA 98507-9015, FAX (360) 586-0998, by July 21, 1997.
Date of Intended Adoption: July 23, 1997.
June 9, 1997
Cleotis Borner, Jr.
AMENDATORY SECTION (Amending WSR 97-02-004, filed 12/20/96, effective
WAC 308-125-120 Fees and charges. The following fees shall be paid
under the provisions of chapter 18.140 RCW:
Title of Fee Fee
(1) Application for examination $175.00
(2) Examination ((
(3) Reexamination ((
(4) Original certification 100.00*
(5) Certification renewal 275.00*
(6) Late renewal penalty 35.00
(7) Duplicate certificate 25.00
(8) Certification history record 25.00
(9) Application for reciprocity 175.00
(10) Original certification via reciprocity 100.00*
(11) Temporary practice 150.00
* Proposed fees for these categories marked with an asterisk include an estimated $25.00 to be submitted by the state to Federal Government. Title XI, SEC. 1109 requires each state to submit a roster listing of state certified appraisers to the Appraiser Subcommittee "no less than annually." The state is also required to collect from such individuals who perform appraisals in federally related transactions, an annual registry fee of "not more than $50," such fees to be transmitted by the state to the federal government on an annual basis.
** Charges for categories marked with a double asterisk are determined by contract with an outside testing service.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.140.030(1). 97-02-004, 308-125-120, filed 12/20/96, effective 1/20/97. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.140.030 (1)(14) and chapter 18.40 RCW. 92-18-018, 308-125-120, filed 8/24/92, effective 9/24/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.140.030. 91-04-074, 308-125-120, filed 2/5/91, effective 3/8/91.]