DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
[Filed April 22, 1998, 11:15 a.m.]
notice of adoption of policy
Title of Policy: Satellite Management Agency Implementation Policy (B.05).
Effective Date: New February 27, 1998.
Issuing Agency/Division: Department of Health, Environmental Health Programs, Division of Drinking Water.
Description: The policy provides clarification on seven implementation issues that have developed under the implementation of the Satellite Management Agency (SMA) program under RCW 70.116.134 and chapter 246-295 WAC.
1. Conditions on plans and projects for newly created public water systems.
2. Process to revoke, suspend, or modify an SMA approval.
3. Clarification on required level of SMA service for new and existing systems.
4. SMA single and multi-county review process.
5. Directing water applicants in claimed future service areas.
6. Process for a break in contract for a system required to have SMA.
7. Use of list of approved SMAs when directing applicants for SMA services.
Contact: Judy J. Sides, Division of Drinking Water, Headquarters, P.O. Box 47822, Olympia, WA 98504-7822, phone (360) 236-3096, Internet email@example.com.