DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
[Filed April 22, 1998, 11:17 a.m.]
Exempt from preproposal statement of inquiry under RCW 34.05.310(4).
Title of Rule: Licensing fee increase for acute care hospitals.
Purpose: Increase licensing fees for hospitals as approved by 1998 legislature.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 70.41.100, 43.20B.020.
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 70.41.100.
Summary: Increases acute care hospital licensing fee from $47.30 per bed to $61.50 per bed.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: The 1998 legislature passed a supplemental budget allowing for increase in staff and licensing fees for acute care hospitals.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Byron Plan, P.O. Box 47852, Olympia, WA 98504-7852, (360) 705-6780.
Name of Proponent: Department of Health, governmental.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Explanation of Rule, its Purpose, and Anticipated Effects: Amends licensing fees for acute care hospitals. Purpose is to provide for supplemental budget as approved by the legislature.
Proposal Changes the Following Existing Rules: Increases acute care hospital license fee from $47.30 per bed to $61.50 per bed.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. This proposal is exempt under RCW 34.05.310(4) and therefore does not require a small business economic impact statement. However, the department prepared a fee study which provides documentation of the need for the fee increase.
RCW 34.05.328 does not apply to this rule adoption. Section 201, chapter 403, Laws of 1995, do not apply to rules that set or adjust fees or rates pursuant to legislative standards according to RCW 34.05.328 (5)(b)(vi).
Hearing Location: Former Revenue Building, Meeting Room #16, 1101 Eastside Street, Olympia, WA, on May 27, 1998, at 1:00 p.m.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Jennell Prentice by May 12, 1998, TDD (360) 664-0064, or (360) 705-6661.
Submit Written Comments to: Jennell Prentice, Rules Coordinator, Facilities and Services Licensing, P.O. Box 47852, Olympia, WA 98504-7852, Internet JZP0303@hub.wa.doh.gov, FAX (360) 705-6654, by May 25, 1998.
Date of Intended Adoption: June 1, 1998.
April 22, 1998
AMENDATORY SECTION (Amending WSR 95-12-097, filed 6/7/95, effective 7/8/95)
WAC 246-318-990 Fees. Hospitals licensed under chapter 70.41 RCW shall:
(1) Submit an annual license fee of ((
forty-seven)) sixty-one dollars and (( thirty)) fifty cents for each bed space within
the licensed bed capacity of the hospital to the department;
(2) Include all bed spaces in rooms complying with physical plant and movable equipment requirements of this chapter for twenty-four-hour assigned patient rooms;
(3) Include neonatal intensive care bassinet spaces;
(4) Include bed spaces assigned for less than twenty-four-hour patient use as part of the licensed bed capacity when:
(a) Physical plant requirements of this chapter are met without movable equipment; and
(b) The hospital currently possesses the required movable equipment and certifies this fact to the department;
(5) Exclude all normal infant bassinets;
(6) Limit licensed bed spaces as required under chapter 70.38 RCW;
(7) Submit an application for bed additions to the department for review and approval under chapter 70.38 RCW subsequent to department establishment of the hospital licensed bed capacity; and
(8) Set up twenty-four-hour assigned patient beds only within the licensed bed capacity approved by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.250, 43.70.110 and 43.20B.020. 95-12-097, § 246-318-990, filed 6/7/95, effective 7/8/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.250. 92-12-028 (Order 273), § 246-318-990, filed 5/28/92, effective 6/28/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040. 91-02-050 (Order 122), § 246-318-990, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91.]