Title of Rule: International student exchange agency registration.
Purpose: Housekeeping of WAC 434-166-210, 434-166-290, and 434-166-310.
Other Identifying Information: Correcting the references to the RCW.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 19.166.030, 19.166.040, 19.166.050, and 19.166.060.
Summary: Correcting the references to the RCW.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: Housekeeping.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Hans Dettling, 505 East Union, Olympia, WA 98504, (360) 586-0393; and Implementation and Enforcement: Office of the Secretary of State.
Name of Proponent: Office of the Secretary of State, governmental.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Explanation of Rule, its Purpose, and Anticipated Effects: The only changes are the corrections of the references in the rule to the corresponding sections in the RCW.
Proposal does not change existing rules.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED TO BE ADOPTED USING AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS RULE BEING ADOPTED USING THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Hans Dettling, Corporations Division, Office of the Secretary of State, 505 East Union, 2nd Floor, P.O. Box 40234, Olympia, WA 98504, phone (360) 586-0393, fax (360) 664-8781, TDD (360) 753-1485 , AND RECEIVED BY July 31, 1999.
May 20, 1999
Deputy Secretary of State
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 92-10-023, filed 4/29/92, effective 5/30/92)
Appointment of a responsible officer and responsible officer address.
(1) Each organization shall appoint and continuously maintain a responsible officer, as
required by RCW ((
19.166.050)) 19.166.040, who has primary responsibility for supervising
placements within the state of Washington.
(2) The responsible officer shall be an employee or officer of the organization.
(3) The person who signs the application as responsible officer as required by RCW
19.166.050)) 19.166.040(2) shows acceptance of assuming the duties of the responsible officer.
(4) The responsible officer shall have an address which shall be a specific geographic location, and be identified by number, if any, and street, or building address, or rural route, city, state, and zip code or, if a commonly known street or rural route does not exist, by legal description. The responsible officer's address may not be identified by post office box number or other nongeographic address. For purposes of communicating by mail, the secretary may permit the use of a post office address in conjunction with the geographic location if they are located in same city, if, the organization also maintains on file the specific geographic address of the Washington office.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 19.166.050 and 19.166.060. 92-10-023, § 434-166-210, filed 4/29/92, effective 5/30/92.]
(1) Prior to the expiration of the
registration period, organizations may seek reregistration within the enrollment period specified
in WAC 434-166-260 by completing the registration requirements as set forth in RCW
19.166.050)) 19.166.040 and WAC 434-166-280.
(2) The secretary may mail a reregistration form to the responsible officer/responsible officer address within forty-five days prior to the registration expiration.
(3) Failure of the secretary to notify the organization of reregistration does not relieve the organization's obligation for filing its' reregistration documents.
(4) Applications to reregister must be filed by the due date specified by RCW
19.166.050)) 19.166.040; no extensions will be granted by the secretary.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 19.166.030, 19.166.040 and 19.166.060. 96-10-052, § 434-166-290, filed 4/29/96, effective 5/30/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 19.166.050 and 19.166.060. 92-10-023, § 434-166-290, filed 4/29/92, effective 5/30/92.]
Registrations of organizations shall be terminated when any of the following circumstances set forth occur:
(1) Voluntary termination. An organization may voluntarily terminate its registration by notifying the secretary of such intent. The organization's registration shall terminate upon such notification.
(2) Failure to apply for reregistration. Failure to apply for reregistration will result in the automatic termination of the organization's registration. If so terminated, the former organization must apply for a new registration.
(3) Loss of license, permit or accreditation. An organization's registration shall automatically terminate in the event that the organization fails to remain in compliance with local, state statute and regulations, federal, or professional requirements necessary to carry out the activities for which it was registered.
(4) Ownership change. An organization's registration shall automatically terminate in the event of a change of structure of the organization.
(5) Failure to notify. An organization's registration shall automatically terminate in the
event the organization fails to notify the secretary within thirty days of any changes in their
registration documents within thirty days, as required by RCW ((
[Statutory Authority: RCW 19.166.050 and 19.166.060. 92-10-023, § 434-166-310, filed 4/29/92, effective 5/30/92.]