SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Economic Services Administration)
Purpose: to amend WAC 388-472-0010 What are necessary supplemental accommodation services, to correct a reference to a repealed WAC by removing the reference in subsection (8).
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-472-0010.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 74.08.090, 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 04-03-093 on January 20, 2004.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: June 28, 2004.
Brian H. Lindgren, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit3362.1
NSA services include but are not limited to:
(1) Arranging for or providing help to complete and submit forms to us;
(2) Helping you give or get the information we need to decide or continue eligibility;
(3) Helping you request continuing benefits;
(4) If you miss an appointment or deadline, contacting you about the reason before we reduce or end your benefits;
(5) Explaining to you the reduction in or ending of your benefits (see WAC 388-418-0020);
(6) If we know you have a person who helps you with your applications, notifying them when we need information or when we are about to reduce or end your benefits;
(7) Assisting you with requests for fair hearings;
(8) Providing protective payments if needed((
to WAC 388-265-1250)); and
(9) On request, reviewing our decision to terminate, suspend or reduce your benefits.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, and 74.08.090. 01-10-104, § 388-472-0010, filed 5/1/01, effective 6/1/01.]