INTERPRETIVE OR POLICY STATEMENT
SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
Subject: Early periodic screening, diagnosis, and treatment (EPSDT) clinics: Fee schedule and billing instruction changes.
Effective Date: June 30, 2004.
Document Description: Effective for dates of service on and after July 1, 2004, the Medical Assistance Administration (MAA) will:
• Implement the updated Medicare physician fee schedule data base (MPFSDB) year 2004 relative value units (RVUs);
• Implement the updated Medicare clinical laboratory fee schedule (MCLFS);
• Implement the updated Medicare single drug pricer (SDP);
• Implement the year 2004 additions of current procedural terminology (CPT) and healthcare common procedure coding system (HCPCS) codes; and
• Update various policies and billing instructions pages.
To receive a copy of the interpretive or policy statement, contact Barbara Salmon, Rules and Publications Section, Department of Social and Health Services, Medical Assistance Administration, Division of Policy and Analysis, P.O. Box 45533, Olympia, WA 98504-5533, phone (360) 725-1349 or go to website http://maa.dshs.wa.gov/download/publicationsfees.htm (click on "Numbered Memos," "Year 2003"), TDD 1-800-848-5429, fax (360) 586-9727, e-mail email@example.com.
July 7, 2004
E. A. Myers, Manager
Rules and Publications Section