SOCIAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
(Aging and Disability Services Administration)
Purpose: WAC 388-825-100 is revised and broken out into additional WAC sections for clarity and to limit the entities required to receive notification. The additional sections are new WAC 388-825-101, 388-825-102, 388-825-103, 388-825-104, and 388-825-105.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 388-825-100.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.10.020.
Other Authority: RCW 71A.16.040.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 04-12-100 on June 2, 2004.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 4, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 4, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: July 14, 2004.
Brian H. Lindgren, Manager
Rules and Policies Assistance Unit3374.4
(a) Denial or termination of eligibility set forth in WAC 388-825-030 and 388-825-035;
(b) Development or modification of the individual service plan set forth in WAC 388-825-050;
(c) Authorization, denial, reduction, or termination of services or funds paid directly to the client set forth in WAC 388-825-055 or payment of SSP set forth in chapter 388-827 WAC; and
(d) Admission or readmission to, or discharge from, a residential habilitation center.
(2) The notice shall set forth appeal rights pursuant to WAC 388-825-120 and a statement that the client's case manager can be contacted for an explanation of the reasons for the action.
(3)(a) The department shall provide notice of a denial or partial authorization of a family support services request and a statement of reason for denial or partial authorization, or reduction to the person or persons described in subsection (1) of this section. The department shall send such notice no later than five working days before the end of the month previous to the month for which service was requested;
(b) The department shall make available an administrative review of a decision to deny or partially authorize services upon receipt of a written request by a person or persons described in subsection (1) of this section to the administrator of the region in which the client is living. The regional office must receive a request for administrative review by the last working day of the month;
(c) The client shall state in the written request why the client or client's family believes their service priority designation is not correct;
(d) Upon receipt of request for administrative review, the regional administrator or designee shall review the request and the client file; and
(e) The department shall send the results of the administrative review to the client and/or family within the first five working days of the service month for which the client is being denied or receiving a partial authorization for services.
(4) The department shall provide at least thirty days' advance notice of action to terminate a client's eligibility, terminate or reduce a client's service, or discharge a client from a residential habilitation center to the community. Transfer or removal of a client from a service set forth in WAC 388-825-120 (5)(f) is governed by that section, and reduction of family support funding during the service authorization period is covered by subsection (3)(a) of this section.
(5) All parties affected by such department decision shall be consulted, whenever possible, during the decision process by the responsible field services regional office in person and/or by telephone.
(6) The division shall ensure notification to the school district in which a school-aged child is to be placed when a placement decision is reached)) Whenever possible, DDD will notify all parties affected by the decision by phone or in person.
(2) Written notifications will be mailed to you and at least one other person in the following priority:
(a) Your parent if you are under the age of eighteen;
(b) Your guardian or other legal representative;
(c) Other relatives;
(d) An advocacy agency such as Washington Protection and Advocacy System;
(e) A person who is not an employee of the department or to a person who contracts with the department.
(3) If you are an adult and do not have a legal guardian, the department will ask you to identify someone else to receive these notices in addition to yourself.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.10.020 and 2002 c 371. 04-02-014, § 388-825-100, filed 12/29/03, effective 1/29/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.16.010, 71A.16.030, 71A.12.030, chapter 71A.20 RCW, RCW 72.01.090, and 72.33.125. 02-16-014, § 388-825-100, filed 7/25/02, effective 8/25/02; 99-19-104, recodified as § 388-825-100, filed 9/20/99, effective 9/20/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 71A.12.030, 71A.12.040 and Title 71A RCW. 97-13-051, § 275-27-400, filed 6/13/97, effective 7/14/97. Statutory Authority: RCW 71.20.070. 88-05-004 (Order 2596), § 275-27-400, filed 2/5/88; 86-18-049 (Order 2418), § 275-27-400, filed 8/29/86; 84-15-058 (Order 2124), § 275-27-400, filed 7/18/84. Statutory Authority: RCW 72.01.090, 72.33.040, 72.33.125 and 72.33.165. 78-04-033 (Order 1280), § 275-27-400, filed 3/16/78; Order 1143, § 275-27-400, filed 8/11/76.]
(2) The department will review your request and comply with your request unless it determines there to be a risk of your losing rights.
(3) You will be given appeal rights to a denial of this request.
(1) The denial or termination of eligibility under WAC 388-825-030 and 388-825-035;
(2) The authorization, denial, reduction, or termination of services or funds paid directly to you set forth in WAC 388-825-055 or the payment of SSP set forth in chapter 388-827 WAC that are authorized by DDD;
(3) The admission or readmission to, or discharge from a residential habilitation center.
(1) The decision;
(2) The reason for the decision;
(3) The effective date of the action;
(4) Appeal rights to the decision; and
(5) The name and phone number of a department person you can contact for further information.