Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: Issuance of master license, WAC 308-300-110.
THIS RULE IS BEING PROPOSED UNDER AN EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS THAT WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE AGENCY TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARINGS, PREPARE A SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT, OR PROVIDE RESPONSES TO THE CRITERIA FOR A SIGNIFICANT LEGISLATIVE RULE. IF YOU OBJECT TO THIS USE OF THE EXPEDITED RULE-MAKING PROCESS, YOU MUST EXPRESS YOUR OBJECTIONS IN WRITING AND THEY MUST BE SENT TO Julie DeRuwe, Department of Licensing, P.O. Box 9034, Olympia, WA 98507-9034 , AND RECEIVED BY February 1, 2005.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: Modify the text format to comply with RCW 34.05.395, use of the proper format and marks to indicate amendments to existing rules.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: To ensure compliance and conformance with the statutory requirement for correct rule drafting format.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 19.02.030(3).
Statute Being Implemented: RCW 19.02.100.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Department of Licensing, Master License Service, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting and Implementation: Julie DeRuwe, 405 Black Lake Boulevard, Olympia, WA 98502, (360) 664-1448; and Enforcement: Nancy Skewis, 405 Black Lake Boulevard, Olympia, WA 98502, (360) 664-1446.
November 30, 2004
Nancy Skewis, Administrator
Master License Service
An applicant may request that no master license be issued pending approval of liquor licenses and other licenses within subsection (4) in which event the department will withhold processing of all licenses until determination of liquor licenses has been made.
(2) In those instances where a license is granted by an agency upon receipt of the application and fee payment, the department, upon approval of the appropriate agency, shall issue the license upon proper receipt of those items. This subsection applies to:
(a) Department of revenue; registration, cigarette dealer license, cigarette dealer vending machine license.
(b) Secretary of state, corporate license (renewal only), corporate annual report.
(c) Department of labor and industries; registration for industrial insurance.
(d) Department of employment security; registration for unemployment insurance.
(e) Department of agriculture; nursery license, egg dealer license, seed dealer license.
(f) Department of social and health services; furniture and bedding certificate.
(g) Board of pharmacy; shopkeepers license.
(3) For each of the supplemental licenses specified below, each agency shall, within 21 days of its notification of license application by the department, inform the department of its approval or denial of the licenses sought. This subsection applies to:
(a) Department of agriculture; refrigerated locker license, pesticide dealer license, bakery and bakery distributors license.
(b) Department of labor and industries; minor work permit.
(4) Due to special investigative procedures, liquor licenses and other licenses, permits, certificates, and registrations which require lengthy investigative procedures will be handled as supplemental licenses in accordance with subsection (5). Upon approval by the appropriate agency, the license will be mailed to the licensee by the department to be affixed to the master license.
(5) The department shall be notified of reasons for delay if approval or denial of those licenses in subsection (3) has not been given in 21 days, and of reasons for delay if approval or denial of those licenses in subsection (4) has not been given within 60 days.
(6) This section shall not apply to the renewal of a license to the original licensee. In such a case individual licenses shall be issued pending approval or denial by the agencies in accordance with RCW 34.04.170 and WAC 308-300-140(1).
(7) It shall remain the responsibility of the appropriate
agencies to provide the applicant with materials, information,
and instructions pertinent to their periodic reports and other
operation)) (( operational)) requirements.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 19.02.030(6). 79-01-088 (Order 524-DOL), § 308-300-110, filed 1/3/79; Order 476-DOL, § 308-300-110, filed 12/30/77.]
Reviser's note: RCW 34.05.395 requires the use of underlining and deletion marks to indicate amendments to existing rules. The rule published above varies from its predecessor in certain respects not indicated by the use of these markings.