Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 04-08-056.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 180-85-025 Continuing education -- Definition.
Hearing Location(s): Hyak Lodge, Snoqualmie Pass, Washington, on May 11, 2005, at 8:30 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: May 12, 2005.
Submit Written Comments to: Larry Davis, Executive Director, P.O. Box 47206, Olympia, WA 98504-7206, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (360) 586-2357, by April 27, 2005.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Laura Moore, Executive Assistant, by April 27, 2005, TTY (360) 664-3631 or (360) 725-6025.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: The purpose of the amendment to this rule is to clarify that all continuing education credit hours (clock hours) will be awarded in conformance with WAC 180-85-034.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: WAC 180-85-034 is a proposed new section in chapter 180-85 WAC.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.410.010.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: State Board of Education, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting, Implementation and Enforcement: Larry Davis, State Board of Education, Olympia, Washington, (360) 725-6025.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. Not applicable.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. Not applicable.
March 25, 2005
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 04-20-094, filed 10/5/04, effective 11/5/04)
WAC 180-85-025 Continuing education -- Definition. As used in this chapter, the term "continuing education" shall mean:
(1) All college and/or university credit, normally 100 level or higher, awarded by a regionally accredited institution of higher education, pursuant to WAC 180-78-010(6).
(2) All continuing education credit hours awarded by a vocational-technical college pursuant to WAC 180-85-030(3) and all continuing education credit hours awarded in conformance with the in-service education procedures and standards specified in this chapter by an approved in-service education agency.
(3) All continuing education credit hours awarded through a business, industry, or government internship that meets the requirements of chapter 180-83 WAC.
(4) All continuing education credit hours awarded in conformance with WAC 180-85-033.
(5) All continuing education credit hours awarded in conformance with WAC 180-85-034.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010. 04-20-094, § 180-85-025, filed 10/5/04, effective 11/5/04; 02-18-050, § 180-85-025, filed 8/28/02, effective 9/28/02; 97-04-086, § 180-85-025, filed 2/5/97, effective 3/8/97. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010 and 28A.415.025. 96-08-013, § 180-85-025, filed 3/25/96, effective 4/25/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.010. 94-01-104, § 180-85-025, filed 12/16/93, effective 1/16/94. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.70.005. 89-01-043 (Order 28-88), § 180-85-025, filed 12/14/88; 86-13-018 (Order 8-86), § 180-85-025, filed 6/10/86.]