• Hold a Puget Sound pilot examination prior to July 1, 2008, that does not require a federal pilotage endorsement at the time of application,
• Exempt successful 2005 examinees from the four-year limitation period which would eliminate the need to take another pilot exam and retain position in line for training,
• Define board authority to set license fees and pilot examination fees,
• Clarify that physical examinations are not required until a training license is issued,
• Merge liability protection statutes that apply to pilots, trainees, and certain port districts, and
• Delete obsolete provisions (housekeeping).
The board will be taking written and oral comments concerning the proposed legislation for consideration at its next regular meeting.
The next meeting of the board of pilotage commissioners will be on July 13, 2006, commencing at 9:30 a.m. in the Fourth Floor Rainier Conference Room, 2901 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121. The meeting will be open to the public and an opportunity will be provided for anyone to present oral testimony. If you desire to submit written comments, respond to the above address or fax no later than July 6, 2006.
If anyone desires more information, please use the contact information above.