Preproposal statement of inquiry was filed as WSR 06-09-056.
Title of Rule and Other Identifying Information: WAC 392-121-465 Formula for and distribution of state money for the state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers program.
Hearing Location(s): Old Capitol Building, 600 South Washington, Olympia, WA 98504-7200, on July 25, 2006, at 9:30 a.m.
Date of Intended Adoption: August 22, 2006.
Submit Written Comments to: Rules Coordinator, Legal Services, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, P.O. Box 47200, Olympia, WA 98504-7200, e-mail email@example.com, fax (360) 753-4201, by July 24, 2006.
Assistance for Persons with Disabilities: Contact Sheila Emery by July 20, 2006, TTY (360) 664-3631 or (360) 725-6271.
Purpose of the Proposal and Its Anticipated Effects, Including Any Changes in Existing Rules: An amendment is needed due to language added in the 2006 supplemental budget regarding incentive grants to encourage school districts to increase enrollment in vocational skills centers. The added language states: Funds provided in this subsection shall first be expended to provide incentive grants to school districts increasing skills center enrollment during the school year. If funds are available after making these allocations, funds may be distributed for: (i) Increasing enrollment including allowing up to an additional .2 full time equivalent student enrollment at skills centers; (ii) increasing enrollment and capacity of summer vocational programs at the skills centers.
Reasons Supporting Proposal: These rules are required by the 2006 State Operating Appropriation Act.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.150.290.
Statute Being Implemented: Chapter 28A.150 RCW.
Rule is not necessitated by federal law, federal or state court decision.
Name of Proponent: Office of superintendent of public instruction, governmental.
Name of Agency Personnel Responsible for Drafting: Kim Thompson, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction; Implementation: Calvin W. Brodie, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction; and Enforcement: Jennifer Priddy, Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
No small business economic impact statement has been prepared under chapter 19.85 RCW. This rule is not applicable to nongovernmental agencies.
A cost-benefit analysis is not required under RCW 34.05.328. This rule is not applicable to nongovernmental agencies.
June 1, 2006
for Dr. Terry Bergeson
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 05-19-138, filed 9/21/05, effective 10/22/05)
WAC 392-121-465 Formula for and distribution of state moneys for the state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers program. The purpose of this section is to establish policies and procedures for the calculation and distribution of state incentive moneys to school districts increasing their enrollments in vocational skills centers.
(1) As used in this section, the term "average annual full-time equivalent students" or AAFTE shall be defined as that term is defined in WAC 392-121-133(1).
(2) Enrollment used in this calculation shall be the AAFTE reported in the form and by the deadline required by the superintendent of public instruction.
(3) A district's state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers shall be calculated as follows:
(a) Determine the increase in the vocational skill center AAFTE of the resident district from the base year of 2004-05 to the current year;
(b) Multiply the number of students obtained in (a) of this subsection by the per pupil allocation established and subject to the limitations in the State Operating Appropriations Act in effect at the time the apportionment is due; and
(c) The product is the district's annual incentive payment.
(4) As provided in the State Operating Appropriations Act in effect at the time apportionment is due, money appropriated but not spent in subsection (3) of this section shall be distributed to skills centers for increased capacity of summer vocational programs. The allocation methodology shall be based upon the skills center full-time equivalent reported enrollment from the prior October 1.
(5) The superintendent of public instruction shall apportion to districts for the state incentive grants for increased enrollment in vocational skills centers the amount calculated per district in this section in June of each year commencing June 2006.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290. 05-19-138, § 392-121-465, filed 9/21/05, effective 10/22/05.]