Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The purpose is to revise chapter 392-170 WAC, Special services programs for highly capable students. Rules need to be clarified and added according to RCW 28A.185.050. There are no substantial changes overall. Changes reflect RCW requirements to add a program evaluation and monitoring.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending chapter 392-170 WAC.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 28A.300.070.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 06-14-028 on June 27, 2006.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 1, Amended 2, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 1, Amended 2, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: September 6, 2006.
Dr. Terry Bergeson
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending Order 84-20, filed 6/28/84)
WAC 392-170-030 Substance of annual school district application. The school district's annual application shall contain the following:
(1) Number of students to be served by grade level;
(2) Brief description of plan to identify students;
(3) Program ((
(4) Instructional program description; ((
(5) Professional development;
(6) Program evaluation and fiscal report; and
(7) Assurances signed by the school district's authorized representative that the district shall comply with all applicable statutes and regulations.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28A.16 RCW. 84-14-037 (Order 84-20), § 392-170-030, filed 6/28/84.]
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28A.185 RCW. 98-12-002 (Order 98-07), § 392-170-078, filed 5/20/98, effective 6/20/98.]
(1) The process used by the district to identify highly capable students;
(2) Assessment data and other indicators to determine the degree to which districts are meeting the academic needs of identified students; and
(3) Highly capable program expenditures.