Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
Purpose: The boards have determined that matters may arise which require a joint meeting of the boards in addition to meetings currently addressed in RCW 36.70A.270(9) and WAC 242-02-076 to address special matters. The adoption of a special meetings rule would address the growth management hearings boards need to be able to conduct business, as necessary, by the joint boards at other times in the year beside those times set forth in RCW and WAC.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending chapter 242-02 WAC.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 36.70A.270(7).
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 08-16-089 on August 4, 2008.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: October 2, 2008.
James J. McNamara, Chair
WAC 242-02-075 Special meeting. (1) A special meeting of the joint boards may be called at the request of any three of the nine board members. To call a special meeting, a written notice of the meeting shall be posted on the boards' web site and personally e-mailed to:
(a) Each member of the boards; and
(b) Each general circulation newspaper, television or radio station which has on file with the boards a written request to be notified of special meetings.
(2) The written notice shall state the date and time of the meeting, and shall specify the business to be transacted by the boards. The boards will not take final action on any matter that is not specified in the written notice.
(3) Notices of special meetings shall be sent by e-mail:
(a) Ten days before the scheduled meeting; except
(b) When a special meeting is called to consider rule changes pursuant to chapter 34.05 RCW, the notice shall be sent at least twenty days prior to the meeting; and except
(c) In the event of an emergency requiring board action, the notice and timing requirements may be waived as provided in RCW 42.30.080.
(4) The special meeting shall be chaired by one of the board members who called the meeting.
(5) A special meeting may be held by telephone conference call.
(6) Two members of each board will constitute a quorum for a special meeting.
(7) Members of the public may attend a special meeting by appearing at any of the three board offices, or the location of the special meeting, at the date and time set for the meeting.