FISH AND WILDLIFE
Effective Date of Rule: Immediately.
Purpose: Amend commercial fishing rules.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Repealing WAC 220-52-04600G; and amending WAC 220-52-046.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 77.12.047 and 77.04.020.
Under RCW 34.05.350 the agency for good cause finds that immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule is necessary for the preservation of the public health, safety, or general welfare, and that observing the time requirements of notice and opportunity to comment upon adoption of a permanent rule would be contrary to the public interest.
Reasons for this Finding: Special management area openings are in line with management measures provided for in state-tribal harvest management plans for 2010-11 season. There is insufficient time to adopt permanent rules.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 1, Amended 0, Repealed 1.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Date Adopted: April 25, 2011.
(1) The area from Klipsan Beach (46º28.00) to the WA/OR border (46º15.00) and Willapa Bay: Open.
(2) For the purposes of this order, the waters of Willapa Bay are defined to include the marine waters east of a line connecting 46º44.76 N, 124º05.76 W and 46º38.93 N, 124º04.33 W.
(3) Klipsan Beach and the U.S./Canada Border, including Grays Harbor: Open.
(4) The Quinault Secondary Special Management Area (SSMA) is closed to fishing for Dungeness crab from the area shoreward of a line approximating the 27-fathom depth curve between the mouth of the Copalis River (47º08.00) and Split Rock (47º24.50). This area will be closed until further notice. This SSMA is described by the following coordinates:
|•||Northeast Corner (Split Rock):||47º24.50 N. Lat.||124º20.00 W. Lon.|
|•||Northwest Corner:||47º24.50 N. Lat.||124º32.40 W. Lon.|
|•||Southwest Corner:||47º08.00 N. Lat.||124º25.50 W. Lon.|
|•||Southeast Corner (Copalis River):||47º08.00 N. Lat.||124º11.20 W. Lon.|
|•||Northeast Corner (Cape Johnson):||47º58.00' N. Lat.||124º40.40' W. Lon.|
|•||Northwest Corner:||47º58.00' N. Lat.||124º49.00' W. Lon.|
|•||Southwest Corner:||47º40.50' N. Lat.||124º40.00' W. Lon.|
|•||Southeast Corner (Destruction Island):||47º40.50' N. Lat.||124º24.43' W. Lon.|
• Fax transmission to Carol Henry at 360-249-1229;
• Email to Carol Henry at: Carol.Henry@dfw.wa.gov or
• Telephone call to: Carol Henry at 360-249-1296
(7) All other provisions of the permanent rule remain in effect.
Reviser's note: The spelling error in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
Reviser's note: The unnecessary underscoring in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.
The following section of the Washington Administrative Code is repealed:
|WAC 220-52-04600G||Coastal crab seasons (11-26)|