BILL REQ. #: S-2519.1
|State of Washington||63rd Legislature||2013 Regular Session|
Read first time 04/09/13. Referred to Committee on Ways & Means.
AN ACT Relating to the family and medical leave insurance act; amending RCW 51.44.033; reenacting and amending RCW 43.79A.040; repealing RCW 49.86.005, 49.86.010, 49.86.020, 49.86.030, 49.86.040, 49.86.050, 49.86.060, 49.86.070, 49.86.080, 49.86.090, 49.86.100, 49.86.110, 49.86.120, 49.86.130, 49.86.140, 49.86.150, 49.86.160, 49.86.170, 49.86.180, 49.86.210, 49.86.900, 49.86.901, 49.86.902, and 49.86.903; and providing an effective date.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
Sec. 1 RCW 43.79A.040 and 2012 c 198 s 8, 2012 c 196 s 6, 2012 c
187 s 13, and 2012 c 114 s 3 are each reenacted and amended to read as
(1) Money in the treasurer's trust fund may be deposited, invested, and reinvested by the state treasurer in accordance with RCW 43.84.080 in the same manner and to the same extent as if the money were in the state treasury, and may be commingled with moneys in the state treasury for cash management and cash balance purposes.
(2) All income received from investment of the treasurer's trust fund must be set aside in an account in the treasury trust fund to be known as the investment income account.
(3) The investment income account may be utilized for the payment of purchased banking services on behalf of treasurer's trust funds including, but not limited to, depository, safekeeping, and disbursement functions for the state treasurer or affected state agencies. The investment income account is subject in all respects to chapter 43.88 RCW, but no appropriation is required for payments to financial institutions. Payments must occur prior to distribution of earnings set forth in subsection (4) of this section.
(4)(a) Monthly, the state treasurer must distribute the earnings credited to the investment income account to the state general fund except under (b), (c), and (d) of this subsection.
(b) The following accounts and funds must receive their proportionate share of earnings based upon each account's or fund's average daily balance for the period: The Washington promise scholarship account, the Washington advanced college tuition payment program account, the accessible communities account, the community and technical college innovation account, the agricultural local fund, the American Indian scholarship endowment fund, the foster care scholarship endowment fund, the foster care endowed scholarship trust fund, the basic health plan self-insurance reserve account, the contract harvesting revolving account, the Washington state combined fund drive account, the commemorative works account, the county enhanced 911 excise tax account, the toll collection account, the developmental disabilities endowment trust fund, the energy account, the fair fund, ((
the family leave insurance account,)) the food animal veterinarian
conditional scholarship account, the fruit and vegetable inspection
account, the future teachers conditional scholarship account, the game
farm alternative account, the GET ready for math and science
scholarship account, the Washington global health technologies and
product development account, the grain inspection revolving fund, the
industrial insurance rainy day fund, the juvenile accountability
incentive account, the law enforcement officers' and firefighters' plan
2 expense fund, the local tourism promotion account, the multiagency
permitting team account, the pilotage account, the produce railcar pool
account, the regional transportation investment district account, the
rural rehabilitation account, the stadium and exhibition center
account, the youth athletic facility account, the self-insurance
revolving fund, the children's trust fund, the Washington horse racing
commission Washington bred owners' bonus fund and breeder awards
account, the Washington horse racing commission class C purse fund
account, the individual development account program account, the
Washington horse racing commission operating account (earnings from the
Washington horse racing commission operating account must be credited
to the Washington horse racing commission class C purse fund account),
the life sciences discovery fund, the Washington state heritage center
account, (( and)) the reduced cigarette ignition propensity account, the
center for childhood deafness and hearing loss account, (( and)) the
school for the blind account, the Millersylvania park trust fund, the
public employees' and retirees' insurance reserve fund, and the
radiation perpetual maintenance fund.
(c) The following accounts and funds must receive eighty percent of their proportionate share of earnings based upon each account's or fund's average daily balance for the period: The advanced right-of-way revolving fund, the advanced environmental mitigation revolving account, the federal narcotics asset forfeitures account, the high occupancy vehicle account, the local rail service assistance account, and the miscellaneous transportation programs account.
(d) Any state agency that has independent authority over accounts or funds not statutorily required to be held in the custody of the state treasurer that deposits funds into a fund or account in the custody of the state treasurer pursuant to an agreement with the office of the state treasurer shall receive its proportionate share of earnings based upon each account's or fund's average daily balance for the period.
(5) In conformance with Article II, section 37 of the state Constitution, no trust accounts or funds shall be allocated earnings without the specific affirmative directive of this section.
Sec. 2 RCW 51.44.033 and 2007 c 357 s 23 are each amended to read
There shall be, in the office of the state treasurer, a fund to be known and designated as the "supplemental pension fund". The director shall be the administrator thereof. The fund shall be used for the sole purposes of making the additional payments therefrom prescribed in this title ((
and the loans therefrom authorized in RCW 49.86.190)).
NEW SECTION. Sec. 3 The following acts or parts of acts are each
(1) RCW 49.86.005 (Findings) and 2007 c 357 s 1;
(2) RCW 49.86.010 (Definitions) and 2007 c 357 s 3;
(3) RCW 49.86.020 (Family leave insurance program) and 2007 c 357 s 4;
(4) RCW 49.86.030 (Eligibility for benefits) and 2011 1st sp.s. c 25 s 1, 2009 c 544 s 1, & 2007 c 357 s 5;
(5) RCW 49.86.040 (Disqualification from benefits) and 2007 c 357 s 6;
(6) RCW 49.86.050 (Duration of benefits -- Payment of benefits) and 2007 c 357 s 7;
(7) RCW 49.86.060 (Amount of benefits) and 2007 c 357 s 8;
(8) RCW 49.86.070 (Federal income tax) and 2007 c 357 s 9;
(9) RCW 49.86.080 (Erroneous payments -- Payments induced by willful misrepresentation -- Claim rejected after payments) and 2007 c 357 s 10;
(10) RCW 49.86.090 (Leave and employment protection) and 2007 c 357 s 11;
(11) RCW 49.86.100 (Employment by same employer) and 2007 c 357 s 12;
(12) RCW 49.86.110 (Elective coverage) and 2007 c 357 s 13;
(13) RCW 49.86.120 (Appeals) and 2007 c 357 s 14;
(14) RCW 49.86.130 (Prohibited acts -- Discrimination -- Enforcement) and 2007 c 357 s 15;
(15) RCW 49.86.140 (Coordination of leave) and 2007 c 357 s 16;
(16) RCW 49.86.150 (Continuing entitlement or contractual rights--Not created) and 2007 c 357 s 17;
(17) RCW 49.86.160 (Rules) and 2007 c 357 s 18;
(18) RCW 49.86.170 (Family leave insurance account) and 2009 c 4 s 905 & 2007 c 357 s 19;
(19) RCW 49.86.180 (Family leave insurance account funds--Investment) and 2007 c 357 s 20;
(20) RCW 49.86.210 (Reports) and 2011 1st sp.s. c 25 s 2, 2009 c 544 s 2, & 2007 c 357 s 26;
(21) RCW 49.86.900 (Severability -- 2007 c 357) and 2007 c 357 s 27;
(22) RCW 49.86.901 (Captions not law -- 2007 c 357) and 2007 c 357 s 28;
(23) RCW 49.86.902 (Effective dates -- 2007 c 357) and 2007 c 357 s 30; and
(24) RCW 49.86.903 (Construction -- Chapter applicable to state registered domestic partnerships -- 2009 c 521) and 2009 c 521 s 136.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 4 This act takes effect August 1, 2013.