|SB 5954 - DIGEST|
Authorizes the economic development element, required by the growth management act, to include: (1) A summary of the local economy and the strengths and weaknesses of the local economy;
(2) An identification of policies, programs, and projects to foster economic growth and development and address future needs;
(3) Policies to promote increases in family, individual, and business incomes;
(4) An examination of whether sites planned for economic development have adequate public facilities and services, and, as appropriate, a plan for any needed public facilities and services;
(5) Policies to encourage access to education and training for family wage jobs; and
(6) Policies and opportunities to address economic development.