On page 6, line 24, after "(e)" insert "Refund premiums paid by qualified individuals as provided in this act; and
On page 20, after line 13, insert the following:
"NEW SECTION. Sec. 21. (1) An individual with a developmental disability who is dependent for support from a qualified individual may obtain a refund of premiums paid by that qualified individual if:
(a) There is certification of the death of the qualified individual; and
(b) The qualified individual has not been determined to be an eligible beneficiary by the department of social and health services.
(2) The value of the refund shall be one hundred percent of the current value of the qualified individual's lifetime premium payments at the time that such certification is submitted, less any administrative processing fees assessed by the employment security department.
(3) The employment security department may not require that the individual with a developmental disability be receiving services under Title 71A
RCW, or other state or local program to obtain a refund, but may require the individual to submit to an assessment by the department of social and health services to determine if the individual is developmentally disabled.
(4) The refund must be deposited into an individual trust account within the developmental disabilities endowment trust fund for the benefit of the individual with a developmental disability in subsection (1) of this section.
(5) The department of employment security may adopt rules to implement this section. Denials of refunds may be appealed as provided in section 12 of this act.
(6) For purposes of this section:
(a) "Developmental disability" has the same meaning as RCW 71A.10.020
(b) "Developmental disabilities endowment trust fund" means the fund established in the custody of the state treasurer in RCW 43.330.431