On page 8, after line 25, insert the following:
and 2006 c 205 s 2 are each amended to read as follows:
(1) Any person filing an application for certification of an energy facility ((or an alternative energy resource facility
)) pursuant to this chapter may apply to the council for an expedited processing of such an application. The application for expedited processing shall be submitted to the council in such form and manner and accompanied by such information as may be prescribed by council rule. The council may grant an applicant expedited processing of an application for certification upon finding that the environmental impact of the proposed energy facility is not significant or will be mitigated to a nonsignificant level under RCW 43.21C.031
and the project is found under RCW 80.50.090
(2) to be consistent and in compliance with city, county, or regional land use plans or zoning ordinances.
(2) Upon granting an applicant expedited processing of an application for certification, the council shall not be required to:
(a) Commission an independent study to further measure the consequences of the proposed energy facility ((or alternative energy resource facility
)) on the environment, notwithstanding the other provisions of RCW 80.50.071
(b) Hold an adjudicative proceeding under chapter 34.05
RCW, the administrative procedure act, on the application.
(3) The council shall adopt rules governing the expedited processing of an application for certification pursuant to this section.
(4) An alternative energy resource facility that chooses to receive certification pursuant to RCW 80.50.060(2) is not eligible for expedited processing under this section.
On page 1, line 3 of the title, after "80.50.060," insert "80.50.075,"