HOUSE BILL 1005
State of Washington
2019 Regular Session
Prefiled 12/04/18.Read first time 01/14/19.Referred to Committee on Civil Rights & Judiciary.
AN ACT Relating to sales of manufactured/mobile or park model homes at county treasurer's foreclosure or distraint sales; and amending RCW 46.12.700
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
and 2011 c 171 s 38 are each amended to read as follows:
(1) Titling options. An owner of a manufactured home shall establish ownership in the manufactured home by either:
(a) Applying for a certificate of title as required under this chapter; or
(b) Eliminating the certificate of title under chapter 65.20
(2) Exemption. This section does not apply to a manufactured home held for resale by a dealer or manufacturer.
(3) Transferring ownership.(a) A registered owner of record must sign the certificate of title releasing the owner's interest when transferring ownership of a manufactured home. If the manufactured home was manufactured before June 15, 1976, the registered owner must sign an affidavit on a form approved by the department. The affidavit must state that the purchaser was notified that failure of the manufactured home to meet federal housing and urban development standards or failure of the manufactured home to meet a fire and safety inspection by the department of labor and industries may result in denial by a local jurisdiction of a permit to site the manufactured home.
(b) When a manufactured/mobile or park model home is sold at a county treasurer's foreclosure or distraint sale, the registered owner of record, legal owner on title, and the purchaser are not required to sign the certificate of title and title application to transfer title. Any leinholder interest in a manufactured/mobile or park model home are extinguished by the county treasurer's foreclosure or distraint sale.
(4) Evidence of taxes paid.
Before accepting an application for a certificate of title for a manufactured home, the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director shall require the applicant to provide evidence that any taxes due on the sale of the manufactured home under chapters 82.45
RCW have been paid. Acceptable evidence includes a copy of:
(a) The real estate excise tax affidavit that has been stamped by the county treasurer; or
(b) A treasurer certificate that is prepared by the treasurer of the county in which a used manufactured home is located and that states that all property taxes due upon the used manufactured home being sold have been satisfied.
(5) County assessor notification. The department shall notify the county assessor of the county where the manufactured home is located when ownership of a manufactured home is transferred. The notification must include the name and address of the former owner and the new owner.
(6) Title elimination.
The certificate of title for a manufactured home may be eliminated or not issued when the manufactured home is registered under chapter 65.20
RCW. If the certificate of title is eliminated or not issued, the application must be recorded in the county property records of the county where the real property to which the home is affixed is located. All vehicle license fees and taxes applicable to manufactured homes under this chapter are due and must be collected before recording the ownership with the county auditor.
(7) Rules. The department may adopt rules as necessary to implement this section.
--- END ---