|SB 5380 - DIGEST|
Declares that opioid use disorder is a public health crisis.
Requires state agencies to: (1) Increase access to evidence-based opioid use disorder treatment services;
(2) Promote coordination of services within the substance use disorder treatment and recovery support system;
(3) Strengthen partnerships between opioid use disorder treatment providers and their allied community partners;
(4) Expand the use of the state prescription drug monitoring program; and
(5) Support comprehensive school and community-based substance use prevention services.
Requires agencies that administer state purchased health care programs to: (1) Coordinate activities to implement this act and the state interagency opioid working plan;
(2) Explore opportunities to address the opioid epidemic; and
(3) Provide status updates as directed by the joint legislative executive committee on health care oversight to promote legislative and executive coordination.