Strike everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
"NEW SECTION. Sec. 1. (1) The legislature shall convene a work group to make recommendations regarding what circumstances would be appropriate to continue to allow a bar against civil lawsuits under RCW 4.24.420.
(2) The work group must include: (a) One member from each caucus of the Washington state house of representatives and senate; (b) one representative from the association of superior court judges; (c) one representative from the Washington association of prosecuting attorneys; (d) two community members with experience in police accountability; (e) one member who is a police chief or sheriff; (f) one member who is a law enforcement officer; and (g) one member of the defense bar.
(3) The work group shall make recommendations regarding: (a) Liability; (b) retroactivity; (c) due process protections for law enforcement officers; and (d) training.
(4) The work group must report its recommendations to the governor and the appropriate committees of the legislature by December 1, 2021.
(5) The work group must operate within existing funds.
(6) This section expires December 2, 2021."
On page 1, line 2 of the title, after "felony;" strike the remainder of the title and insert "creating a new section; and providing an expiration date."