DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
[Filed June 17, 1998, 11:45 a.m.]
Date of Adoption: June 17, 1998.
Purpose: Amend the assessment and collection procedures of the Hop Board. The rule eliminates the procedures of the Hop Board to grant credit against assessments or refund payment to growers for individual marketing efforts.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Chapter 16-532 WAC, Hop Board; repealing WAC 16-532-0402, 16-532-0404, 16-532-0406, 16-532-0408, 16-532-0410, 16-532-0412, and 16-532-0414; and amending WAC 16-532-010.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 15.65.050.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 98-02-073 on January 7, 1998.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, amended 1, repealed 7.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, amended 0, repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, amended 1, repealed 7.
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
June 17, 1998
William E. Brookreson
for Jim Jesernig
AMENDATORY SECTION (Amending WSR 97-17-096, filed 8/20/97, effective 9/20/97)
WAC 16-532-010 Definitions. For the purpose of this marketing order:
(1) "Director" means the director of agriculture of the state of Washington or his duly appointed representative.
(2) "Department" means the department of agriculture of the state of Washington.
(3) "Act" means the Washington State Agricultural Enabling Act of 1961 or chapter 15.65 RCW.
(4) "Person" means any person, firm, association or corporation.
(5) "Affected producer" or "producer" means any person who produces hops in commercial quantities in the state of Washington.
(6) "Commercial quantity" means any hops produced for market by a producer in any calendar year.
(7) "Handler" means any person who acts as principal or agent or otherwise in processing, selling, marketing, or distributing hops not produced by him.
(8) "Hop commodity board" hereinafter referred to as "board" means the commodity board formed under the provisions of WAC 16-532-020.
(9) "Hops" means and includes all kinds and varieties of "humulus lupulus" grown, picked and dried in the state of Washington, whether loose, packaged or baled and all oils, extracts and/or lupulin derived therefrom.
(10) "Processed" means and includes all hops which are converted into pellets, extracts, oils, lupulin, and/or other forms, including hops which are frozen in undried form, but excluding whole, dried hop cones, whether loose or baled.
(11) "Marketing season" means the twelve month period beginning with January 1 of any year and ending December 31, both dates being inclusive.
(12) "Producer-handler" means any person who acts both as a producer and as a handler with respect to hops. A producer-handler shall be deemed to be a producer with respect to the hops which he produces and a handler with respect to the hops which he handles, including those produced by himself.
(13) "Affected area" means the state of Washington.
(14) "Sell" includes offer for sale, expose for sale, have in possession for sale, exchange, barter or trade.
(15) "Affected unit" means two hundred pounds net of hops, or the amount of lupulin, extract or oil produced from two hundred pounds net of hops.
(16) "Promotional hosting" as used in these rules means the hosting of individuals and groups of individuals at meetings, meals, and gatherings for the purpose of cultivating trade relations and promoting sales of Washington grown hops.
(17) "Hosting" may include providing meals, refreshments, lodging, transportation, gifts of nominal value, reasonable and customary entertainment, and normal incidental expenses at meetings or gatherings.
(18) "Affiliate" as used in these rules, means a
corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other
entity in common ownership with a producer or producer-handler.))
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.65.050. 97-17-096, § 16-532-010, filed 8/20/97, effective 9/20/97. Statutory Authority: RCW 15.65.050 and 15.65.430. 96-15-139, § 16-532-010, filed 7/24/96, effective 8/24/96. Statutory Authority: Chapter 15.65 RCW. 92-09-068, § 16-532-010, filed 4/14/92, effective 5/15/92; Marketing Order Article I, § A, filed 7/1/64.]
The following sections of the Washington Administrative Code are repealed:
WAC 16-532-0402 Credit for market promotion activities.
WAC 16-532-0404 General requirements for credit.
WAC 16-532-0406 Eligible activities.
WAC 16-532-0408 No duplication of credit.
WAC 16-532-0410 Filing of claims.
WAC 16-532-0412 Time for filing and determinations.
WAC 16-532-0414 Appeals.