Date of Adoption: November 22, 1999.
Purpose: To implement the fees required by 2SSB 5821, chapter 263, Laws of 1999, codified as chapter 18.210 RCW.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 43.24.086 and 18.210.050.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 99-19-165 on September 22, 1999.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 2, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0. Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
November 22, 1999
Alan E. Rathbun
Business and Professions DivisionChapter 196-30 WAC
FEES FOR ON-SITE WASTEWATER TREATMENT DESIGNERS AND INSPECTORS
Onsite wastewater treatment designer and inspector fees.
The business and professions division of the department of licensing shall assess the following fees:
|Title of Fee||Amount ($)
|Practice permit application||100.00|
|Practice permit renewal||250.00
|Designer license application||175.00|
|Designer license application (comity)||50.00|
|Designer license renewal||250.00|
|Designer license re-examination||100.00|
|Late Renewal Penalty||100.00
|Certificate of competency (inspector)|
|Certificate of competency renewal||250.00|
|Certificate of competency re-examination||100.00|
|Late Renewal Penalty||100.00|
(1) Practice permits are valid for one year. They must be renewed each year by paying the required fee no later than the anniversary date of when the permit was originally issued. A valid practice permit will remain in force until the permit holder is issued a designer license, or July 1, 2003, whichever comes first. The permit holder must renew for a full year. No refunds will be made, or payments accepted, for a partial year.
(2) The initial designer license and certificate of competency will expire on the licensee's or certificate holder's next birth date. However, if the licensee's or certificate holder's next birth date is within three months of the initial date of issuing the license or certificate, the original license or certificate will expire on his or her second birthday following issuance of the original license or certificate. All subsequent renewals shall be for a one-year period due on the individuals birth date. No refunds will be made, or payments accepted for a partial year.
(3) It shall be the licensee's or certificate holder's responsibility to pay the prescribed renewal fee to the department of licensing on or before the date of expiration.
(4) Licensees and certificate holders who fail to pay the prescribed renewal fee within ninety days of the license expiration date will be subject to a late penalty fee of $100.00. However, the license or certificate is invalid the date of expiration (if not renewed) even though an additional 90 days is granted to pay the renewal fee without penalty. After ninety days, the base renewal fee plus the penalty fee must be paid before the license or certificate can be renewed to a valid status.
(5) Any designer license or certificate of competency that remains expired for more that two years would be canceled. After cancellation, a new application must be made in accordance with chapter 18.210 RCW to obtain another license or certificate.
Reviser's note: The typographical error in the above section occurred in the copy filed by the agency and appears in the Register pursuant to the requirements of RCW 34.08.040.