Date of Adoption: November 29, 1999.
Purpose: The proposed changes adjust the licensing fees for acute care hospitals.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 246-320-990.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 70.41.100, 43.20B.110, 43.70.250.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 99-21-064 on October 19, 1999.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Pilot Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Other Alternative Rule Making: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0. Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
November 30, 1999
M. C. Selecky
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 99-04-052, filed 1/28/99, effective 3/10/99)
Hospitals licensed under chapter 70.41 RCW shall:
(1) Submit an annual license fee of ((
sixty-three dollars and fifty cents for each bed space within the
licensed bed capacity of the hospital to the department;
(2) Include all bed spaces in rooms complying with physical plant and movable equipment requirements of this chapter for twenty-four-hour assigned patient rooms;
(3) Include neonatal intensive care bassinet spaces;
(4) Include bed spaces assigned for less than twenty-four-hour patient use as part of the licensed bed capacity when:
(a) Physical plant requirements of this chapter are met without movable equipment; and
(b) The hospital currently possesses the required movable equipment and certifies this fact to the department;
(5) Exclude all normal infant bassinets;
(6) Limit licensed bed spaces as required under chapter 70.38 RCW;
(7) Submit an application for bed additions to the department for review and approval under chapter 70.38 RCW subsequent to department establishment of the hospital licensed bed capacity; and
(8) Set up twenty-four-hour assigned patient beds only within the licensed bed capacity approved by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.41.030 and 43.70.040. 99-04-052, § 246-320-990, filed 1/28/99, effective 3/10/99.]